Rebekah Vardy likened Coleen Rooney to a ‘pigeon that s**ts’ in your hair, the Wagatha Christie libel trial heard today – as the WAG broke down in tears twice while giving evidence.
The comments, made in a 2019 interview with the Daily Mail, were read out to the High Court by Coleen’s barrister David Sherborne.
Asked whether she ever argued with her rival, Rebekah told the interviewer: ‘That would be like arguing with a pigeon. You can tell it that you are right and it is wrong, but it’s still going to s**t in your hair.’
The Wagatha Christie case centres around a 2019 social media post by Coleen, 36, in which she said she had planted fake stories on her private Instagram account and accused Rebekah of leaking them to The Sun.
Rebekah, 40, denies the claim, and launched a libel case when Coleen refused to take down the post.
The Daily Mail article resurfaced during a gruelling cross-examination during which the WAG broke down twice.
The first time, Rebekah had corrected Mr Sherborne after he confused her for Coleen, prompting him to reply, ‘Is that your best point Mrs Vardy?’.
After she began crying, her barrister Hugh Tomlinson QC rose to his feet to intervene, saying Mr Sherborne was ‘constantly commenting and making remarks to the witness’.
It led to the judge saying: ‘It is unnecessary and there’s not really enough time for those comments in any event.’
Moments later the judge asked if Rebekah would like to take a break as she appeared distressed.She adjourned the hearing for 10 minutes to allow Rebekah to compose herself.
In the second incident – less than half an hour later – Rebekah became emotional after she was questioned over a fake story posted by Coleen about a flood at her £20million Cheshire home, which has been likened to a Morrisons supermarket.
Rebekah had told the court she had not seen Coleen’s Instagram post, only for Mr Sherborne to remind her of a statement made two years ago when she admitted she had seen it.
Becoming visibly upset, Rebekah’s voice broke up as she said: ‘There was a lot of abuse at the time.’
Mr Sherborne told the court Coleen had restricted access to her followers as part of a ‘social media sting’, which revealed that Rebekah’s account was the only one which had been sent the fake post.
Rebekah also began crying yesterday after Mr Sherborne asked her about sick comments Twitter trolls had made about her two-year-old daughter.
Earlier today, the High Court heard how Rebekah received a text from her agent, Ms Watt, announcing ‘it was me’ after Coleen first publicly claimed that someone had been leaking stories from her private Instagram.
Asked by Mr Sherborne why did not challenge her, Rebekah said it was because she had been ‘watching Dancing on Ice’ and was distracted by Gemma Collins’s infamous ‘face-plant’.
Among the key developments on day three of the gripping case –
- Coleen’s barrister accuses Rebekah her of lying after she said her memory of a 2018 paparazzi photo she allegedly set up had been affected by ‘drinking quite a bit’;
- Rebekah denies branding herself ‘the unofficial leader of the WAGs’ in Sun interview about axing of ‘sex ban’ for England stars during Russia World Cup;
- Rebekah claims she was too busy ‘washing her clothes in a sink’ during the 2018 World Cup to have time to speak to journalists;
- Rebekah denies leaking information about Coleen’s 2019 car crash in Washington DC to the media after seeing story on her private Instagram;
- Claims she ‘doesn’t really watch’ television and asked ‘who’s Davy Jones?’ while being questioned about alleged leaks and her publicist’s North Sea incident;
- Coleen’s barrister claims Rebekah ‘tried to throw Coleen off the scent with ‘disingenuous messages’ to her suggesting her Instagram account might have been hacked by journalists’;
- Rebekah ‘used the anniversary of Coleen’s sister’s death as a peg to contact her after the WAG unfollowed her on Instagram’;
- She denies being behind ‘Secret Wag’ column that included lurid claims of Chelsea ‘love rats’;
- Rebekah was unable to explain what had happened to nine months of messages she exchanged with Ms Watt which have disappeared;
- Opening today’s hearing, Mr Sherborne jokes Rebekah was ‘saved by the bell’ after a brutal cross-examination that at one point reduced her to tears was cut short by a fire alarm yesterday;
Rebekah Vardy broke down in tears twice today as she was giving evidence at the Wagatha Christie trial – prompting the judge to pause proceedings
In this court sketch, Coleen is seen taking notes while sitting next to her husband, Wayne – her Chanel handbag alongside her on the table
Coleen Rooney and her football manager husband Wayne Rooney depart the Royal Courts of Justice in London after today’s trial
The couple walk through crowds of onlookers and paparazzi, after leaving the London High Court today, for the ‘Wagatha Christie’ libel trial
“activeClass” : “wocc”,
“pageCount” : “3.0”,
“pageSize” : 1,
Rebekah Vardy is escorted by security as she departs the Royal Courts of Justice in London following today’s trial
Rebekah Vardy leaves the High Court with security, as crowds watch the celebrities depart today’s trial
Rebekah (seen this morning) also burst into tears yesterday when the barrister asked her about sick comments Twitter trolls had made about her two-year-old daughter
Coleen, dressed all in black and carrying a Chanel handbag, looked relaxed as she stepped out of a black cab with her husband Wayne behind in his signature navy suit with a leather handbag containing a bulging file
As the toxic feud between Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy spilled out in public for a third day, here is a summary of the evidence as it was heard in court:
‘I don’t know who Davy Jones is’: Court bursts into laughter as nautical reference is lost on Rebekah over questions about ‘North Sea incident’
Earlier today, Rebekah asked ‘who’s Davy Jones?’ following a nautical reference by Mr Sherborne.
The High Court burst into laughter after the exchange – which concerned the claim that Rebekah’s agent, Caroline Watt, lost her phone containing WhatsApp messages when it fell off a boat into the North Sea.
<div class="art-ins mol-factbox news halfRHS" data-version="2" id="mol-80879e80-d1ff-11ec-8c76-f14bda866109" website is HALTED as Rebekah Vardy breaks down in tears AGAINHere is more in regards to Blog.quienquedaconquien.Com stop by our page.